HELLO EVERYONE! I know … I’ve been gone for months again. But I am back with a book tag I found on My Little Book Blog. My comeback post should be a book review but I haven’t read anything. So instead, I chose this tag. I’m going to answer fifty questions and it could take too long to answer so I’ll just go answer them now.
1. What was the last book you read?
Alex and Eliza: A Love Story by Melissa De La Cruz
2. Was it a good one?
HELL TO THE FREAKING YES!
3. What made it good?
Well, aside from the Schuyler sisters … there’s ALEXANDER HAMILTON!
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
WAIT AND I’LL SHOVE THIS BOOK TO PEOPLE.
5. How often do you read?
If I’m in the mood, I will not stop until I finish the book. After finishing the book, I’ll be reading another one.
6. Do you like to read?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
The Madman’s Daughter by Meghan Shepherd. It is not really a bad book (it is quite amazing). The reason is answered on the next question.
8. What made you dislike it?
My SHIP sank.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
YES! I actually tried writing a short novel on Wattpad but only my friends got to see it. The novel ended because I ran out of inspiration.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
It would be the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It’s weird since I didn’t finish reading the book. But it just … brought out my inner detective spirit. Then I started to crave for more books and different genres.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
No. I don’t mind trying though.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
13. What’s your favorite book?
The hardest question ever but I’ll have to go with my ultimate fave, Harry Potter. It’s even above my top 1 favorite book, Salt to the Sea.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
HP and the Cursed Child. I was dizzy after I read the book. I’ll just pretend that it didn’t happen.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical books when I’m not too poor.
16. When did you learn to read?
I vaguely remember started reading when I was 13? Or 14? I was a big fan of High School Musical. There was a book, I asked my Mom to buy it.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
I can only remember one and it’s Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
18. What is your favorite book series?
Right now … it would be A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This book left me picking up bits and pieces of my heart.
19. Who is your favorite author?
Colleen Hoover is one of my fave.
20. What is your favorite genre?
Fantasy. It has no limit with this genre. But now, I’m loving historical fiction and mystery.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Whenever this question popped up from somewhere, there’s only one name in my mind. Helene Aquilla from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. If you’ve read the sequel, I think you’ll agree with me.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
YEP! I remember being in Paris eating gelato.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
I thought long and hard with this question but I couldn’t think of anything. *thinking face*
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I don’t know because I haven’t read that many books.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
I finish it within the day or within 24 hours.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
I cannot say that I like all the books that turned into movies. There are movies that should have remained a book.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I read the question and an answer automatically appeared on my mind. It would be The Girl on the Train. I absolutely love the book! I was excited when I found out that there’s a movie. I fell asleep after two minutes of watching the protagonist sitting on the train.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Gone Girl!!! I loved that movie.
29. Do you read newspapers?
Sometimes, when a news intrigued me.
30: Do you read magazines?
I used to read Time Magazine. I stopped because my Mom doesn’t bring copies anymore.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
I would prefer newspapers.
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
35. Do you read while in the bath?
36. Are you a fast reader?
Yes. Lighting fast.
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
In my room. When I’m surrounded by multiple pillows.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
When I’m in a reading slump and when I’m in a crowded place.
40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
Sometimes, I can’t concentrate when it’s too noisy. I don’t even listen to music when I read.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
The bestest human being ever, Marco. He introduced Sherlock Holmes to me.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I can’t remember, I’m sorry.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Well, I didn’t read books when I was a child. But if I did, I think it would be Lemony Snicket. My inner child loved The Series of Unfortunate Events.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Agatha Christie. We’ll have tea and I’ll ask her about her book, Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Leigh Bardugo. We’ll discuss Kaz, my love.
47. What book have you reread the most?
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I read this book when I’m on a reading slump.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Works of Jane Austen, Bronte sisters, and Shakespeare?
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books that students will enjoy. Books that will teach them lessons, that will make them think. A bit of classics and some contemporary.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think book should be banned from schools. I learned a lot from reading. 99.9% of me came from reading. I think schools could just categorize the books based on the age or grade?
YAYYYY. I wish you’ve learned more about me by reading this. Hehehe. Again, I apologize for my absence. I will be back with more book reviews soon. Maybe tips? We’ll see.
I’m not tagging anyone since this could be too long. But if you want, feel free to do so.