I know I’m two days late but … it’s better than nothing! 😉 There was a sale on Fullybooked several weeks ago and my Mom willingly (or should I say, I forced her) accompanied me. There was a 20% off for regular books and there were three large tables in the middle of the bookstore that was full of half-priced (or lower) books.
I bought three from the table and two regular books. Individual photos of the books will be updated soon.
1. Deadly Little Voices by Laurie Faria Stolarz – It has an interesting synopsis but sadly, it’s the fourth book of the series. Based on the blurb on the back of the book, there are whispers and voices only Camelia could hear. She’s going crazy and she doesn’t know if she’s dead already. So I’m just gonna grab the first book and binge read this.
2. Seers by Heather Frost – Fortunately for me, this was the first book! This book has guardians, people disappearing at will, and demons! Uh-huh.
3. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird – I’m kind of intrigued about the word “betrayal”. Maggie’s grandma was accused of being a witch and she’s on the run! But wherever she goes, disaster follows. But I’m really intrigued about the betrayal. Oh my gosh! And the setting is in Scotland!
4. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton – What really caught my attention was the horse thingy and the fact that it is historical fiction. This book is actually part of my January wrap-up and I’m going to say that I am totally in love with this book.
5. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – This book is literally everywhere, on my blog, Instagram posts and on Twitter too! I’m obsessed with this book. If I could reread it again, I totally would!
That’s my haul for the month of January! It’s quite small, I know. I convinced myself to settle for five books for the month and I’m glad I’m doing it. *sigh*
How many books did you acquire this month?