I’m almost done with my studies, which means more time for reading! I’ve set a lot of goals for the year 2016, none of them has been met. But it’s never too late to change, right? New year, new goals! We never stop until we succeed. * wink *
- Read 100 books by the end of 2017. I know it’s such a ginormous amount of books, but then I’ve read 60 books this year, adding 40 doesn’t hurt. And based on my calculations (which is simply dividing 100 by 12), I’ll be reading more or less 9 books per month. That’s … scary.
- Dig into the underrated books. The books I know are either included to the top ten of every book lovers I know or they are written by the author that everybody knows. I want to know more about those babies who doesn’t get that much attention, you know. There are so many hidden gems and I can’t wait to read them!!!
- More classics. I’m always having a hard time reading classic novels. The words are sometimes too much for me and before I know it, I’m already snoring trying to guess what they are trying to say. Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre … uhuh. You name it and I haven’t read it yet.
- Contemporaries are fun! I knoooooww. But believe it or not, I’m not a big fan of contemporaries. They are too short for my liking. 2017 is a year of change! I’ll be reading a contemporary novel once a month, or maybe two. We don’t know.
- To-Be-Read Jar is a big no no. I tried doing it this year but it didn’t work for me. It’s either I’m too pressured to read the book I’ve picked or I’m not in the mood to read it. I decided to just go with the flow. I’ll grab the book I want to read and not because some cute little jar pressured me.
- Write more. I have to get two of my blogs running. They should never run out of posts. It also means, that my brain shouldn’t run out of creative juices. I’m still undecided on which days of the week I’ll post but I know that at least 3 posts should suffice.
- Increase my Netgalley feedback ratio. Netgalley is a site where you can get tons of ARCs and I have a lot of ARCs (which are not ARCs anymore) stored in my account. Reading and writing a review is one way to help them promote the book. It’s also a ‘thank-you’ for approving my requests. So, I probably grab my phone and read.
- Bookstagram! Posting every day would do. I’ll just need to decide what theme to rock the first month of 2017 and I’m good. My ideas for this are already locked onto my brain so they couldn’t get out. Bwahahaha. IDEAS you’re not getting out!!!!
So, I think .. that’s it! I can’t wait to start this amazing journey with everyone.